With next year supposedly being the end of the world and all (hey, it’s suspicious that my driver’s license expires around that time )…why not join the Dystopian Reading Challenge hosted by Bookish Ardour? If you want to join you have till the end of this month.
I know that dystopia isn’t necessarily about post-apocalyptic worlds but that’s usually what I associate them as. For an all-out explanation of what is considered dystopia, Diva Schuyler over at Dystopian Divas has a good definition.
Here are the challenge levels:
- Asocial– Choose 5 books to read
- Contagion – Choose 15 books to read
- Soldier – Choose 30 books to read
- Drone – Choose 50 books to read
- Conditioned – Choose 75 books to read
- Brainwashed – Choose anywhere between 76-135 books to read
- Totalitarian – Choose anywhere between 136-200 books to read
I’m going for the Asocial challenge level.
I’m not sure yet which books to read but am considering some of the following:
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? By Phillip K. Dick
Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury
The Running Man by Stephen King and Richard Bachman
The Obernewtyn Chronicles by Isobelle Carmody
Unwind By Neal Shusterman
Feed by MT Anderson
Enclave by Ann Aguirre
Prized by by Caragh M. O’Brien
All These things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin
Exodus by Julie Bertagna
I’d like to crossover into some other challenges as well…we’ll see 🙂