Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish.
Today it’s all about Top Ten Book Covers You Wish You Could Redesign.
All I can say is thank God for e-readers so we don’t have to lug around books with embarrassing covers.
1. Why is it that Sherwood Smith has these horrible book covers? I mean I hate it when people won’t pick up the book because the cover is so cheesy ( granted they are about princesses and castles… but still!) The second kindle edition cover is by far better than the first…but I would like to see the cover look like this Ruth Sanderson painting…or at least something similar.
3. I hate the Iron duke cover, In fact I hate any cover with half dressed people on them. It makes me embarrassed.It would look better I think with just the steam-punk element to it, heck add a ship, just take off the man or at least dress him.
4. Hex Hall looks a bit too young and eh for me. And why the lake on both covers? Did I miss something, because the lake wasn’t that important.
5. Vampire Academy should just stick to a picture of a boarding school or something because all the faces on theses covers are creepy.
6. Daughter of the Forest. Although the cover lends itself to the awesomeness of the tale and name I’d just like an updated version. Also Son of Shadows is scary looking.
7. The Morganville Vampire series has the same creepy face-ness that Vampire Academy does, plus they don’t look anything like how I imagined the characters to look. I guess they could put pictures of this small Texas town or something.Although I do like the omnibus editions though….Maybe they should just keep the model with pink hair for every book. I mean she just looks better.
8. DarkFever. Okay, if my mother saw me reading this she’d make me repent. I’m glad there is an alternative cover cause that first one just makes me so red in the face.
9. For some weird reason though, I prefer the old covers for Patricia Briggs older novels. They just look better to me…
10. Lisa Shearin’s Raine Benares series covers are just too blah. Why not something more pirate like or seekerish…How about a new character every cover..like Fruits Basket? You know,Raine, Tam, Mychael, Piaris, Phealan, Mago…