Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke & The Bookish.
Today it’s all about Top Ten Authors That Deserve More Recognition.
1. Sherman Alexie– The first time I heard of Sherman Alexie, it was a short story in college and I was so amazed by his poetic and raw way of writing. He takes such hard subjects and mixes them with humor. Try reading The Lone Ranger and Tonto Fistfight in Heaven, or his first YA novel The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian.
2. Og Mandino– Growing up Og Mandino books were a staple in my house. He’s an inspirational writer. I was given University of Success, as a gift, and from then on I read The Greatest Salesman in the World.
3.Leo Buscaglia– A.K.A Dr. Love, was a university professor at USC before he died, his Living Loving and Learning is a collection of his informative and amusing lectures. There is a poem in one of his books that my mother made all her kids memorize. Dr. Buscaglia talks about the beauty of love, and the importance of self-esteem. More people need to read his books.
4. Juliet Marillier: I recently read, Daughter of the Forest and was just blown away by her awesome ability to weave a story. I couldn’t believe it took me so long to read her books. I enjoyed Son of the Shadows a bit more.
5. Y.S. Lee – Y.S. Lee knows all about Victorian literature. Check out A Spy in the House, it’s like history, intrigue and romance all in one.
7. Georgette Heyer– If you like Jane Austen sort of novels than you’ll love Georgette Heyer! She’s clever and her books are quick and easy reads. Frederica was my first foray into her regency romance world.
8.Sherwood Smith– Crown Duel has been one of my favorite books. Anything with castles, kings and great intrigue is awesome. She deserves more recognition.
9. Rosemary Clement-Moore– I especially enjoyed her Maggie Quinn novels. Cute, fun reads.
10. Lisa Mantchev– The Theatre Illuminata series is simply wonderful, and enchanting. I was given Eyes Like Stars as a gift and I’m so glad I was able to read it. Lisa Mantchev world builds like nobody’s business.
Who do you think deserves more recognition?